- Students who miss more than 6 days in a semester course, or 3 days in a ½ semester course, must serve recovery
- Attendance recovery is a means for students to recover absences during the school year. More than six absences will require attendance recovery on an hour for hour basis.
- State regulations on attendance allow for the building principal to consider exceptions for a limited number of absences that fall under the following categories:
- Medical Absences
- Bereavement due to death of immediate family members
- School Activities
- Court Proceedings
- College Visits
- The recovery of absences should begin as soon as a student returns to school and owes time.
- A recovery schedule will be provided to students when school starts. Mrs. Herndon will monitor recovery on Tuesdays and Thursdays before and after school. Administration will offer recovery on some Saturdays throughout the semester.
- Students are expected to attend recovery, and fulfill the expectations that are associated with recovery, at the times and locations that are communicated in the recovery schedule at the start of each semester.
- Students are expected to be prepared for recovery by bringing assignments from their teachers. Students will be expected to complete academic work during their time in recovery. Failure to do so will result in a student’s dismissal from recovery.
- School rules apply during recovery.