Students New to District
Links for Registration on Students New to District
Access Based on Language
Requirements for New Registration
All students new to the district must complete a student information form and provide two proofs of residency. They are asked to bring report cards and any other available records from the school attended last year and will not be allowed to register without the following documents:
• Birth certificate - A copy of the legal long-form birth certificate is required. The hospital certificate of birth does not satisfy the requirements of the law. You can obtain a S.C. long form birth certificate 8:30 a.m.-4 p.m. at the nearby regional offices in Rock Hill (803) 909-7300, Winnsboro (803) 635-6481 or Chesterfield (843) 623-2117.
The search fee is $12, and the request must be made by a parent named on the birth certificate or a legal guardian. Please make sure to have a government or employer picture I.D. with you.
To request a copy by mail, print the application form at http://www.scdhec.gov/vitalrecords/birthcertificates. Standard processing time is 2-4 weeks for a $12 non-refundable fee. Expedited service is $17.
• A South Carolina Certificate of Immunization
– An original certificate of immunization – which states that the child has had four doses of any combination of DTP, DT, DTP-Hib, DTaP, Td or Tdap vaccine with at least one dose received on or after fourth birthday;
– one dose of Tdap vaccine received on or after seventh birthday. Routinely administered at 11-12 years of age; however, a dose on or after the seventh birthday will meet this requirement;
– three doses of any combination of oral and/or inactivated Polio vaccine with at least one dose received on or after fourth birthday for kindergarten through seventh grade;
– three doses of any combination of oral and/or inactivated Polio vaccine with at least one dose received on or after fourth birthday OR four doses of oral and/or inactivated polio vaccine (IPV) before the fourth birthday for grades eight through twelfth grade;
– two doses of Rubeola (Measles) vaccine with both doses received on or after the first birthday;
– one dose of Rubella (German Measles) vaccine received on or after the first birthday;
– one dose of Mumps vaccine received on or after the first birthday;
– three doses of Hepatitis B vaccine;
– two doses of Varicella vaccine received on or after the first birthday or positive history of disease for all children admitted to kindergarten through fifth grade;
– one dose of Varicella vaccine received on or after the first birthday or positive history of disease for all children admitted to sixth through twelfth grade;
– Minimum requirements may vary some for pre-kindergarten students.
– Immunization clinics will be offered July 25 and 31 and Aug. 5, 7, 14, 21 & 28 by appointment only. Call 1-855-472-3432 to schedule appointments or for more details.
• Copy of past month’s power bill and tax receipt or rental lease agreement as proof of correct resident address.
• If living with relative: you need a vehicle property tax receipt with proof of insurance, an state-issued ID with current address and a notarized statement.
• If applicable, submit any custody orders for your student.
• If other than parent enrolling, provide proof of guardianship.